Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New Pope and New Pet

Well, they've picked a new Pope. He was Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger from Germany and was the Pope John Paul II's right hand man. He is now Pope Benedict XVI. He is a conservative thank the Lord!

I also have a new pet. Her name is Cali (short for Calico). She was given to me by a friend of mine at church. She is four years old and really beautiful. I had been praying about getting a cat and just wasn't sure it was the right thing to do. So, I left it up to the Lord to decide. The circumstances of me getting her were definitely divine. She is still warming up to me. But, when she does spend time with me she is the most affectionate cat I have ever been around and she talks, very vocal. I am so thankful!

Also, the local C.S. Lewis Society has voted to include women. So now I will be able to go to the monthly meeting. Another answer to prayer! They are doing a study of "Mere Christianity". I missed the last meeting but, I am really looking forward to the next one in May. The Vicar of St. Andrews Anglican Church is the host of the meetings and sends out e-mail and info. He has already posted a link on the society web site to the conference "Past Watchful Dragons" which is coming up in November at Belmont University in Nashville. I am planning on going.

I'm going to start doing volunteer work at "First Things First" in North Chattanooga next week. I hope I can prove to be a good witness for Christ and hopefully lead someone to Him through my influence.

I'm going to ask my sweet, sweet brother in law to take a picture of Cali with his digital camera and I will post it on my blog. I also have some selections of my "nieces", Octavia ( Taffy) and Diamond that I will also post. They are my sister and his two wonderful puppies ( they are grown but I call them puppies).

I need to go study my lesson for Bible study tonight. We are reading a book named "Big Girls Don't Whine". It isn't the most interesting book but, the Lord has really used some of the lessons to teach me some things lately, in particular about conflict and forgiveness. It's amazing how He brings information and practical advice to us at just the right time. Knowing that He is there providing the input sure helps to make some of the lessons go down a lot easier!

Tomorrow I takeMamma to lunch and to the beauty parlor to get her hair fixed.

Hope I can come up with and interesting place for us to eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing out adding a comment

Anonymous said...

Though you should note... A recent Purdue University study on conflict found that women dislike other women who don’t comfort, who fail to listen, or who offer judgemental or unsolictited advice. However, women were more forgiving of men who displayed the same behaviors. Women need to give each other the same respect that they would want for themselves. Relationships with both men and women flourish when the genders aren’t bashed with stereotypes. Something to keep in mind.